Security Automation Engineer
Working at Trickest
We’re backed by great VC funds and exceptional angels. We are scaling our genuinely unique product and team to take on more demanding user challenges. We are looking for self-initiative and clever people who can drive important decisions and face unseen and mysterious challenges.
About the role
- Designing, developing, testing, optimizing, and maintaining custom automation workflows and solutions.
- Evaluating and integrating open-source tools for purposes such as asset discovery, vulnerability scanning, threat intelligence, and more
- Developing and enhancing security tools to benefit Trickest clients and the broader information security community.
- Collaborating with client’s security teams to provide tailored, efficient, and comprehensive automation workflows and solutions.
- Conducting client onboarding and training to ensure the seamless adoption of new security automation solutions.
- Offering client support by addressing inquiries, troubleshooting issues, and providing updates and recommendations.
- Collaborating with the in-house product team to ensure that the product meets the security automation needs of our clients.
- At least 4 years of experience in security testing, including penetration testing, security engineering, or similar roles.
- A good grasp of common security frameworks such as NIST and ISO, and practical knowledge of their application.
- Proficiency in scripting/coding, preferably with experience in Python, Shell scripting, and Golang.
- Strong familiarity with open-source security tools used for asset discovery and vulnerability scanning.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, including image creation and proficient troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly debug issues, identify bottlenecks, and suggest improvements in small-to-medium codebases, even without prior familiarity.
- Eagerness to acquire proficiency in new tools and technologies.
- Previous experience in a security automation and/or DevSecOps or product-focused role is a plus.
- Familiarity with the ELK stack is a plus.
- Demonstrated passion for information security (through activities like contributing to open-source projects, writing blogs, delivering talks, etc.) is a plus.
What we have to offer
- 💰 Employee stock options packages and competitive compensation
- ⛰️ 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- ✌️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes by your choice
- 🥳 Day off for your birthday
- 🕚 Flexible working hours
- 🚀 A lot of creative freedom, opportunities to learn and contribute to a fast-growing deep-tech startup
- ✈️ Complimentary On-site Visits: We value face-to-face interactions. Remote employees will enjoy fully paid visits to our on-site team, including accommodation
How to apply
- Email your CV and an outline of projects you have worked on that demonstrate experience in the desired areas listed above at email@example.com
- CV must be in English only
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only reply to shortlisted candidates