Senior Product Designer - Growth
Enabling product-led growth
If you’re into well-made digital products, keep the customer front-and-center, and can appreciate the challenge of onboarding and monetization, keep reading.
We’re looking for the next Angel Steger of designing for product-led growth, to look broadly across our product with an experimental mindset, and make sure any user can make the most of it.
Do you get excited about running experiments, observing metrics and evaluating what works? Can you translate it into purpose-driven designs that help product makers engage with their customer research, product strategy, and roadmaps captured in Productboard?
With 6,000 customers, 90,000 monthly active users, and customers like Zoom, Microsoft, and UiPath, you’ll have a nice base to work with.
About the team
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter – products that not only solve real-world problems but also satisfy their users.
The Growth team’s goal is to make it exceptionally easy for people around the world to discover, trial, buy, and use our suite of products and services. As a result, our team is responsible for driving sustainable business growth by increasing acquisition, monetization, conversion, and retention throughout the end-to-end customer funnel. We use experimentation, customer feedback, and data-driven insights to guide our work and optimize the customer experience.
To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a driven, experimenting senior product designer to join our growth team, to take a product with a strong product-market fit and further scale it through product-led growth.
Embarking on its mission, the team will start by improving onboarding experiences, then shifting to establish a product-led growth motion. Unusually, we need to apply this thinking also in the upmarket customer segment, enabling enterprises to benefit from a frictionless core experience.
As a team of seasoned experience-builders, we know that the happier our team and company are, the better our work will be. Ours is a genuine, collaborative team atmosphere, where you can drive impact, and self-realize. Build transferable skills, and move up the design career ladder, whether you’re into management or want to profile as an advanced IC.
You’ll be joining a company where people matter and make a dent, just like you will. You’ll be able to do some of your best work here. Does it sound like something you’d enjoy? Let us know!
What you’ll do in a typical week
- Blend design, data analysis, and marketing to drive sustainable, product-led growth.
- Ensure smooth onboarding of our customers, let it be the 1st or Nth user, giving them the confidence that the insights they need are always at their fingertips.
- Define the team’s strategy and set the long-term objectives as a part of the team’s product trio.
- Join forces with product, analytics, marketing, sales and engineering to shape solutions. Design, prototype, and iterate on frictionless interaction patterns.
- Measure what matters, and continuously drive improvements.
- Give and receive feedback in design critiques and product conversations. Pair-design to improve the work, ideate, and have fun together.
- Evangelize growth work and best practices both across and outside of the company.
Before you dive into this: Don’t worry if you don’t check all our boxes. It's just our dream list! If you have potential, we’ll help you grow. Now…
- You’ve designed for growth before, improved onboarding, adoption, and engagement, and can deliver lean, quality work.
- You make sense of metrics and product analytics and have concluded plenty of experiments.
- You can appreciate what the business is trying to achieve and pivot or refine your approach in response to emerging insights, customer feedback, and changing market dynamics.
- You don’t hesitate to own and drive projects, get stuff done, and improve ways of working.
- You communicate clearly and effectively, and can confidently work with cross-functional stakeholders (Executives, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.)
- You build relationships, seek feedback to grow, and in turn give feedback with candor and empathy.
- You’ve experienced a B2B SaaS organization with a mature product design practice.
A peek into our world
From the outside, it can be tough to imagine what working here is like. That’s why we have our Comparably profile. Their impartial view gives potential starters a good look inside our company.
And don’t forget to meet Zdenek, one of our Product Design Managers. Get his take on what life’s really like as a designer at Productboard.
Or if you’re on the move, listen to this podcast episode about building great products, and this one about delight, both featuring our CEO and co-founder Hubert.
What designers at Productboard say
“What I love most about Productboard is our customer-centricity, and the daily opportunity to work on challenging problems with incredibly smart people. Our collaboration culture is really strong, both within the team and across product teams, resulting in great outcomes. This is rewarding in itself and definitely not just “work” – we always find time to laugh, eat, or grab a beer together.”
— Michaela Bartkova, Senior Product Designer, a year and three quarters on board
“I joined Productboard for its impactful and inspiring mission. What I found here is a company with a mature design culture. Design is really valued here, there’s a lot of collaboration and everything is rooted in customer insights by staying close to them. Product teams operate in an empowered way which I enjoy a lot. The company grows quickly and the best part is that I grow with it through the right challenges and opportunities to do great work. On top of all that, I get to work every day with professionals with whom I have fun.”
— Adam Amran, Senior Product Designer, two years on board
“The design team is certainly the best part of working at Productboard. I love how collaborative the design culture is, and I see so many opportunities for growth and development here. You get to work on meaningful challenges, and collaborate with a group of talented people who are proactive about exchanging design feedback and have a love for continuously raising the bar. The passion for design is not limited in the design team. I have never worked with a team of engineers and product managers who genuinely care about user experience so much. You are empowered to be the product designer you’d like to be and truly make customer-centric products that matter.”
— Mia Huang, Product Designer, six months on board
Some more perks to working with us
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
💰 Stock options
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍹 Team events, such as off-sites and retreats
💚 Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏥 Comprehensive Health Insurance
👨🏼🦳 Pension Contribution
🤒 Illness Protection
💟 Death in Service Benefit
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 5,400 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.