Sr Customer Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Over 6,000 companies, including Salesforce, One Medical, Cartier, Microsoft, and Korn Ferry, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. With offices in San Francisco, Prague, and Vancouver, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Dragoneer Investment Group, Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
What you’ll do:
We need your help building and scaling world-class customer marketing and advocacy at Productboard. You’ll drive engagement and retention with a cohesive customer communications experience, as well as turn advocates into public champions, telling their stories to the world. You’ll build strategic, ongoing relationships with customers, work with senior leaders across the business, and become a trusted resource for our go-to-market teams.
The role will report to our Director, Head of Product Marketing (bringing together product, content, and customer marketing in one team).
- Develop and deliver a multi-channel customer marketing strategy to support goals of retention, growth, and advocacy with customers.
- Partner across marketing and customer success to deliver a best-in-class, cohesive customer communications experience.
- Continuously improve our customer-facing programs across email, webinars, and in-product comms – informed by a deep understanding of our customer and product.
- Reimagine and scale our customer advocacy efforts – build strategic relationships, align interests, and turn passionate customers into public champions.
- Develop a deep understanding of our value and impact among customers, and how to best align success stories to the needs of the business.
- Help write and produce compelling, impactful stories in various formats – e.g., blog, video, slides, social – in partnership with our content and brand teams.
- Use data-driven methods to measure, track, and analyze results, and proactively report on outcomes to stakeholders and partners.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years in customer marketing or advocacy, 5+ years of relevant marketing experience for a B2B SaaS company
- Well-rounded marketer that understands different channels, and can create segmented, multi-channel programs that deepen customer engagement
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments – excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems and executing on them
- Exceptional communicator across formats. A high-quality portfolio that demonstrates your ability to write and deliver content
- Insatiable curiosity, and empathy for product teams and the process of creating exceptional products
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to build trust with internal and external stakeholders across various teams
- Strategic, process-driven thinker who enjoys tackling problems of growth and scale
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
San Francisco/Bay Area: $132,000 - 190,000
Remote: $119,000 - 171,500
Remote: $105,600 - 153,000
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software.
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world.
- We iterate quickly, and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets.
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture.
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.