Head of GTM Strategy & Operations
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 6,000 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brn, and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Dragoneer Investment Group, Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures. And we recently announced our $125 million Series D round, featured in Bloomberg.
Head of GTM Strategy & Operations
Productboard is seeking an experienced, strategic, data-driven leader to run our Global GTM operations team. In this role, you will bring together sales, marketing, and customer success operations to help unite the GTM motion. As the leader of our Global GTM operations, you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team and be a true partner to the SVPs of Marketing, Sales & Customer Success, helping the various teams achieve their targets.
You will coach and develop a talented, high-performing team, set goals, measure success, and develop ways for the team to consistently deliver value to our GTM leaders. As the owner of GTM ops, you will be a core member of the Senior GTM leadership team and report directly to the GTM President.
Let’s make products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will …
- Work with the GTM President and Revenue Leaders to optimize the way we approach the market
- Instill best practices for leveraging all of our marketing, sales, and CS technology stacks and building scalable operations
- Drive territory strategy, compensation planning, and quota setting as well as tracking progress towards marketing programs, pipeline attainment, and attribution, new business and expansion targets as well as churn and contraction
- Be a trusted business partner for the Revenue leadership team, bringing forward opportunities to relentlessly improve the way we find, close, and service our customers
- Report out on key initiatives, and core KPIs, as well as drive cross-functional meetings - such as the weekly pipeline sync and sales & customer success forecast
- Partner closely with the Strategic Finance team to develop integrated plans in support of Productboard’s strategy and associated objectives
- You will be a regular guest contributor to the Senior executive team, driving visibility and clarity to help inform better decision making
Your tech stack
You will work with the following tools, frameworks, and software:
- At least 10 years ideally owning both sales and marketing operations in a high-growth environment, with some prior experience owning or collaborating with customer success operations
- Highly data-driven, and analytical with a proven track record of surfacing improvements and optimizing the way GTM teams operate
- Strong process and program management skills, with the ability to influence key stakeholders and execute with speed
- Experience working with a multi-segmented B2B SaaS solution, including PLG and Enterprise
- Exceptional leader of high integrity who can articulate a clear vision for the team, and work across boundaries and geos to help scale our business to the next level
- Experience working with Product Management and Development tools is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct presentations in large groups
- Track record of triaging reports and driving meetings to create action items and improve performance
We are targeting a massive and growing market of digital product makers. As software continues to eat the world, the number of digital product makers and the importance of product decisions keep growing exponentially.
Productboard's paid users are not just Product Managers, but also Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Product Marketers, executive stakeholders, and even members of customer-facing functions like Sales, and Customers Success.
Amongst Productboard's customers are digital native companies like Zendesk, Slack, and Autodesk, as well as companies undergoing a digital transformation like Disney, Quicken Loans, Cartier, McLaren, and Swarovski.
Productboard seeks to be the system of record for every digital product, providing software that is purpose-built for the product management lifecycle. Product Management is the single driver of growth and innovation in many companies, yet PMs have long been forced to use tools built for other departments and other workflows. We believe Productboard can enable companies to unlock product-led growth with customers and their needs at the center and ultimately build better products faster.
More than just software.
We are building a software platform, but we are also pioneering a whole new category of Product Management systems. Just like Siebel and later Salesforce, created and dominated Customer Relationship Management, Hubspot and Marketo pioneered Marketing Automation, and Gainsight created a new Customer Success category, we have the unique opportunity to create and dominate a new category for Product Management Systems.
Watch our Productboard pitch in front of 40k attendees of the Web Summit:
We have a point of view on Product Management and we are highly differentiated on several dimensions:
- Customer-centric product management - Unlike the old-school feature-focused approach to product management (e.g. Aha) we lead with the modern, customer-centric approach to product management that is far superior because it puts the customers and their pain points at the center and significantly increases the chances of building the right product.
- Comprehensive and modular Product Management System - Unlike some of the utilities that focus just on a small part of the product management process (Roadmapping utility like ProductPlan, Roadmunk, or research repository like Dovetail, EnjoyHQ), we deliver a comprehensive and modular system for Product Management that supports the whole product management workflow.
- Purpose-built Product Management Platform - Unlike the engineering task management tools, generic project management tools, or generic no-code software (JIRA, asana, airtable, etc), we focus specifically on the needs of modern digital product managers.
- Open platform - Unlike traditional closed applications, we are architecting Productboard as an open platform with APIs that make it easy to integrate PB into existing workflows, integrate with existing systems, get data in and out, and that allows IT and developers programmatically extend and control Productboard's functionality.
- A standardized approach to Product Management - Unlike anyone else, we pioneer a standardized approach to Product Management based on a collection of best practices adopted by the industry's best product organizations - the Product Excellence Framework.
- Delightful user experience - We understand that the only sustainable long-term differentiator and a competitive moat is user experience (and delight specifically) and we invest heavily to deliver a product that is superior in the execution of both functionality and usability. Our product satisfies the needs of product managers with superior functionality and with unprecedented delight.
- Collaboration across the whole company - We understand that Product Management is a team sport and a highly collaborative endeavor across the entire company. We are building a system not just for the core product team, but for anyone who is interested in the Product's progress or who wants to contribute market insights.
- Brand and community - We are not building just a software product, we are building a community of exceptional product makers. We are inspired by the legendary products out there and the relentless product teams behind them. We stand for excellence in the craft of Product Management. We aspire to inspire, guide, and delight all product makers out there, to do the best work of their lives.
Watch how we strategically scaled Productboard:
We have a very strong culture unified around our mission to make products that matter, together. I am honored to be on the team with a diverse group of people who care so deeply about helping others make products that matter.
I realize that values are difficult to grasp for an outsider without having the deeper context of how they are lived and exemplified in day-to-day life. Still here they are:
- We Seek Clarity - Just like the best product teams, we seek to clarify the objectives behind our work and communicate the objectives behind work we delegate, so we can drive real outcomes. If we feel our efforts could be better spent elsewhere, we speak up. Life is too short to work on things that don’t matter.
- We practice Relentless Improvement - One thing we all share is a drive to be the best at whatever we do. We hone our crafts from the latest books, blogs, videos, and industry conferences. We seek mentors, coaches, and peers we can learn from. Above all, we stay curious. We fuel our creativity by drawing inspiration from unlikely places, and we find ways to learn from the best in any field.
- We Act with Empathy — The best products, services, and experiences resonate with customers on an emotional level. They solve real problems for users in a particularly elegant way, and spark delight in the process. We exhibit empathy in every interaction with customers, prospects, and candidates by listening, seeking to understand, and appreciating the perspectives of others. It informs how we interact with one another and serves as the foundation of our company culture.
- We foster Transparency - Transparency enables all our other values. It relies on trust, that we’ll be better off by putting our goals, plans, communications, successes and failures, out there for all to see. We champion openness through our regular company all-hands, the tools we use, and the way we give and receive direct feedback. From leadership, we have timely access to important company news, business metrics, and candid explanations when important changes must be made.
- We find strength in Togetherness - We work as one big team, leveraging the diverse perspectives, experiences, and expertise of our colleagues, wherever in the world each of us may be. Everyone can reach out to anyone else for help, regardless of department or seniority. We are a supportive community that’s on a common mission. And when we do face setbacks, we remember that we’re in this together.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership