We're building a customer-focused product management SaaS platform for over 6000 global companies. As a Data Engineer, you'll have a significant impact on our analytics and data tooling strategy. Dive deep into the SaaS business and learn how we measure success. Here, you won't need to convince anyone to use data for decision-making – it's our way.
Our tech stack
You'll work with these tools and languages:
- We use dbt, Snowflake, Looker, Amplitude, Keboola, Segment, and AWS
- We've got data pipelines and transformations in SQL and Python, all set up on Keboola and using dbt
- We're big fans of the DataOps approach, which includes GitHub versioning, code reviews, automated CI, and Agile development with Jira
We're seeking someone with these skills:
- Strong ETL tool knowledge (e.g., dbt, Keboola, Airflow)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Basic Python knowledge
- Understanding of APIs
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Snowflake, Postgres, Mongo)
- Familiarity with data warehouse modeling (DataVault is a plus)
- Knowledge of BI reporting (Looker is a huge plus)
- A desire to learn and grow
- You enjoy solving complex problems and challenging ideas
As a Data Engineer, you'll:
- Understand what the business needs, work with the team to figure out the technical solution, make it happen, and show the results to the business folks or data analysts
- Optimize existing ETL pipelines, add new data sources, and improve scalability
- Collaborate with internal teams to solve business challenges using data
Recent Team Projects
Our team recently completed:
- Transitioning to dbt
- Analyzing revenue movements in detail
- Implementing a Change Data Capture PoC for micro-services
- Integrating engineering system stats (JIRA, GitHub, GitLab, AWS costs, etc.)
- Creating our health check framework
- Applying the DataOps approach to our work
- You can learn more about what we do by watching the following talks:
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ Volunteer Days for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
💚 shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 6,000 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.
Ready to Join Us?
If you're passionate about data engineering and enjoy solving problems, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now and be part of our data-driven journey at Productboard.