Staff Ruby Engineer
We’re looking for a Staff Ruby Engineer. In this role, you'll be part of a small cross-functional team, usually consisting of five developers, one product designer, and one product manager. You’ll be heavily involved throughout the feature development lifecycle, with direct access to a wealth of customer feedback.
Our Tech Stack
- We have fully migrated to Kubernetes on AWS
- We’re building on event-driven service architecture
- We use Kafka to allow services to communicate together asynchronously and resiliently
- We’re rebuilding our backend as a Kotlin/Spring Modulith, replacing our old RoR monolith
- We’re scaling Productboard to be a central system of record
We’re looking for someone with the following experience, skills, and qualities:
- Professional experience building Ruby applications
- Familiar with functional and object-oriented programming
- Curious and eager to know how things work under the hood
- Passionate about learning new things and embracing challenges
- Interest in user-centred design, product-driven development, and similar concepts
- Experience with message queue systems and event-driven architecture is a big advantage
- Fluent in English - our team consists of 14+ nationalities!
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 5,400 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.