Sr Manager of Engineering - Product-Led-Growth
Productboard is a customer-driven product management system that empowers teams to get the right products to market faster. Built on top of the Product Excellence framework, Productboard serves as the dedicated system of record for product managers and aligns everyone on the right features to build next.
We are seeking a seasoned Senior Engineering Manager to lead our newly formed Product-Led-Growth team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to our dynamic, international organization in a significant way. You will be instrumental in establishing and leading a new team that will be based in Europe but will operate in a truly global context.
In this capacity, you will join a newly formed cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers that will help fuel Productboard’s growth. Together, you’ll focus on three main areas and challenges:
Guiding new customers. Our large customers receive all the care they need when purchasing Productboard. That includes a detailed sales process, being provided with solutions architects, and receiving training. For smaller customers, however, such extensive support doesn’t make economic sense. And that’s where the new Growth team comes in. Together, you’ll help introduce our customers to Productboard, show them how best to use particular features and functions, and help customers to fully understand how it’ll make their future work easier.
Setting prices and composing packages or plans. You’ll revise how different Productboard functionalities are packaged up and analyze our pricing models. Currently, basic pricing plans are stripped of certain functionalities. But the trend is towards making pretty much all functionality available to users but with constraints on usability depending on the pricing plan. Users can see the potential of certain features, and if they’re interested, they can pay more to have them unlocked.
Analyzing and optimizing client acquisition and retention. We need to track who comes to our site, who drops out at particular steps of the acquisition process and why, and what causes a company to purchase Productboard but leave after a certain period of time. This is very important data that will help us improve the
- Build, lead, and mentor a new growth hacking engineering team to foster a culture of fast learning and continuous deployment.
- Define and execute growth hacking strategies that will help us to drive user acquisition, activation, retention, and upsell.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to ideate, prioritize, and implement high-impact growth initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a data-driven culture within the team, with a focus on analytics, experimentation, and validation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization to understand growth opportunities and challenges.
- Drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality.
- Ensure the team's work aligns with Productboard's mission and goals while meeting international standards and regulatory requirements.
- A minimum of 8 years of engineering experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Proven experience in growth hacking or similar roles with a track record of driving user growth through experimentation.
- Strong understanding of modern product growth principles and data-driven product development.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in building and managing high-performing teams.
- Excellent understanding of technical concepts and experience with a variety of programming languages and frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and attention to detail.
- Experience working in an international context, with a deep understanding of diverse cultural, social, and business landscapes.
- Proficient in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Used to drive and manage an hybrid team
- Experience in a fast-paced startup or tech environment.
- Experience with customer-driven product management systems or similar.
- Experience working with remote teams.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
💚 Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.