Unity SDK Developer and Modder
We are looking for a capable Unity developer to build and maintain our new Unity game capture SDK as well as mod it into existing Unity games.
LIV provides creators with the software necessary to capture and share their VR experiences. As part of this, we need to upgrade our Unity SDK to support our new capture methods and want you to own this area for us.
We strive to make integration with LIV as simple and performant as possible. Our SDK's are integrated by >50 developers monthly and we've integrated in over 2500 applications to date. You’ll work with indie and leading VR developers to embed LIV’s technology into their games, and put the power of our tooling into the hands of the world's largest community of VR creators. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an important part of our tech stack and to get involved in the growing VR and games industry.
We are only reviewing applications that include a Cover Letter.
- Design and implement SDKs for game capture in Unity
- Integrate our SDKs into games via mods
- Support developers integrating our SDKs
- Write tests, profile performance, and fix bugs
- Strong API design skills
- Proficient in C# and Unity APIs
- Experience writing mods for Unity games (Harmony, Bepenix etc.)
- Professional and patient communication with external developers
- In depth knowledge of Unity's rendering pipeline (Built-in, URP, HDRP)
- Experience with Git and Perforce Helix Version Control Systems
- 3+ years experience with Unity
- Experience with native plugins for Unity (C++)
- Active interest in keeping up to date with the latest in the modding community
- Experience writing and optimising shaders in Unity
- Can also mod Unreal games or is willing to learn
What LIV Brings
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
- 2X/year company wide off-sites in a new country
What is it like to work at LIV?
At LIV you can expect to work with a tight knit, collaborative team. Our goal is to continue to be, and grow, as the de facto platform for VR and AR content creation & consumption. We work hard, but make sure that we enjoy the ride and lead with a humans-first approach.
LIV is a leader in VR capture, streaming and VTubing solutions. You'll likely meet creators and game developers in the space, and become a part of our community. It's an excellent place to grow within VR and VR gaming. We're backed by some of the best VR and games investors used by the biggest streamers and creators in the world, such as Shroud, Pewdiepie and LSToast.
About LIV and your team
- LIV is an exciting 16-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and are proud to have some of the best gaming and VR investors in the world
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with a brand new product releasing in the coming months and a war chest to execute on it
- You will be embedded on a team, and you will meet your team members during the interview process
- The teams at LIV are diverse, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- You have contributed to a UGC platform like VRChat, Rec Room, Gorilla Tag, Roblox and others
- You have worked on game-engine based SDK's in the past
- You have an interesting story about how you solved a complicated engineering problem
- You have a VR headset, and have worked on VR projects
- You have degrees in graphics, software engineering, mathematics, or similar experience
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- Make sure you include a cover letter
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process