Software Integration Engineer
Remote · Poland
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
We help businesses deploy resources and processes efficiently and make their customers and staff feel seen and valued.
Kontakt.io is the industry leader in indoor environmental, location, and occupancy services using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE ®). Our mission is to deliver human-building interfaces that provide people with delightful, useful, and safe indoor experiences to help make buildings work for people. We are out to define a new building DNA that is human-centric. We build technologies that help transform buildings into indoor spaces that are useful for people in their daily journey to accomplish their goals, working or being cared for in a safe & sustainable indoor environment.
We started in 2013 when Kontakt.io built the first enterprise-graded BLE beacon solution for building-mobile interfaces. Since then, we have provided BLE solutions to over 30,000 end-users, delivered via +1,100 partners using +3 million IoT devices in the field. Today our solutions cover approximately one billion sq ft. We continue to be a pioneer in the field, with a focus on Smart Buildings in Healthcare and Corporate Real Estate Spaces.
We’re currently seeking for the first 2 Integration Engineers (senior + mid) who’d ensure that various software systems work seamlessly with our KIO Platform. We are looking for the people who can work independently, look at the problem from a product perspective, suggest proper solutions and then execute them.
Our tech stack: Java 11+,, Testcontainers, Spring framework (Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Stream), Python, MongoDB, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana, Jenkins, git, AWS Cloud, SQL, Kafka (with Kafka Streams)
Your daily tasks:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining integration flows
- Integrating external systems (healthcare, mobile systems etc) with the API
- Collaborating with the compute team to ensure seamless integration and compatibility across different systems and tools
- Documenting technical integration processes
- Ensuring all integrations align to our strategic objectives
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of integrated systems
- Participating in 24/7 on-call rotation (a week monthly)
- Strong knowledge of our tech stack (mainly Java)
- Experience with API development and RESTful services
- Practical knowledge of scripting languages and SQL or relational databases
- Understanding of technical documentation,
- Interfacing, scripting, and debugging experience
- fluent English (B2)
- High level of commitment to driving things to completion (delivering real value)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as ability to work independently
- Willingness to participate in the rotation on-call duty (24/7, a week/monthly)
- Nice to have: experience with integrating healthcare systems
What we offer:
- fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, flat structure
- B2B contract or a permanent agreement
- competitive salary and stock option plan
- work with our IoT experts and trending technologies
- remote or hybrid work (office in Krakow)
- collaborative and self-organized environment
- private medical care
- cafeteria system
We Make Things Easy:
- Easy to Use. Simplicity is harder than complexity. Each of our apps focuses on a single user and a specific problem. We create solutions for everyone to help them get things done.
- Easy to Buy. We simplify pricing with a single, per-bed or per-room model that encompasses all the necessary products and services to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Easy to Deploy. Using AI, cloud, and mobile technologies, our equipment autonomously communicates and validates itself without the need for human intervention, cutting deployment time from months to weeks or even days.
We Deliver Fast Outcomes:
- Industry’s #1 Time To Value. We accelerate your ROI and deliver positive outcomes to users faster than anyone else, thanks to how easy things work with our AI- and cloud-based platform.
- Delivered As A Service. Delivering everything from devices to apps to support, our as-a-service model allows you to add new use cases with a simple click. Gain agility and speed like never before.
- Outcome Driven. We deliver outcomes, not boxed equipment. From on-site installation to monitoring, all the way to service-level agreements, our approach is uniquely designed to ensure the outcomes you need.
We Ensure Unmatched Scalability:
- Priced for Scaling. We offer scalable pricing, regardless of your project size. Enabling our customers to create value cost-effectively is a key element of our success.
- A Platform for Scaling. Lower TCO, quicker adoption of new use cases, extensive cloud scalability, and future-proofing your IT investments are among the many reasons why Kontakt.io is right for you.
- Managed for Scaling. SOC-2 and HIPAA compliant, our platform integrates with your wireless and security infrastructure, allowing you to use your current IT network with confidence and uninterrupted functionality.