Senior Fullstack Engineer (Backend Focus)
Remote · Poland
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
We help businesses deploy resources and processes efficiently and make their customers and staff feel seen and valued.
Kontakt.io is a leader in IoT. Our mission is to simplify the delivery of location and sensor data insights. We create the data foundation that drastically improves and automates decision making in resource planning, operations, and customer experience workflows.
Our portfolio of complete IoT and location solutions combine hardware, software, and cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations. Today, we serve over 2,000 customers across diverse sizes and industries, from transportation and logistics to manufacturing, healthcare, airports, governments, and public spaces. They use Kontakt.io to reduce emergency incident time, decrease asset search-times, introduce activity-based-costing, automate manual processes, digitize physical order traceability, or prevent machine downtimes.
Success in this position requires a passion for building high-performing and reliable applications. You need to have an internal urge to come up with innovative ideas and look for the best tools to solve scalability problems.
Our tech stack :
- backend: Kotlin, Java 15+ ; Spring boot, spring-data, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Python
- frontend: Angular 12/15, TypeScript, Leafletjs, PrimeNG, Vue.js, ES6, Nginx deployment, Figma designs
We are looking for a person who is able to work independently with the ability to look at the problem from a product perspective, suggest proper solutions and then execute against them.
You will be expected to:
- develop user-facing Kontakt.io Apps
- define data models and work with database systems like MongoDB and Postgres
- establish connectivity with third-party systems using modern integrations technologies like RESTful APIs, WSS Streams, Webhooks, Kafka streams
- build modular and reusable components and libraries
- contribute to key architectural decisions that directly impact the scalability of Kontakt.io Apps.
- write and maintain documentation
- write performance tests
- support and maintain CI/CD Workflows
- create and drive best practices in the team (including peer reviews and building for testability)
- propose any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- hands-on experience in designing and developing highly scalable applications using modern technology stacks such as Java/Kotlin, Kafka/RabbitMQ, MongoDB
- strong microservice architecture experience
- knowledge of Spring frameworks
- Web Flux, Groovy experience
- the ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc
- experience with development for and deployment to AWS
- enjoy technical challenges and are eager to explore new technologies
- good communication skills (English is a must)
- Keycloak experience would be a great asset
- fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, flat structure
- B2B contract or a permanent agreement
- 20 days of fully paid holidays on the B2B contract
- competitive salary and stock option plan
- work with our IoT experts and trending technologies
- remote or hybrid work (office in Krakow)
- collaborative and self-organized environment
- flexible working hours
- private medical care, cafeteria system
We Make Things Easy:
- Easy to Use. Simplicity is harder than complexity. Each of our apps focuses on a single user and a specific problem. We create solutions for everyone to help them get things done.
- Easy to Buy. We simplify pricing with a single, per-bed or per-room model that encompasses all the necessary products and services to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Easy to Deploy. Using AI, cloud, and mobile technologies, our equipment autonomously communicates and validates itself without the need for human intervention, cutting deployment time from months to weeks or even days.
We Deliver Fast Outcomes:
- Industry’s #1 Time To Value. We accelerate your ROI and deliver positive outcomes to users faster than anyone else, thanks to how easy things work with our AI- and cloud-based platform.
- Delivered As A Service. Delivering everything from devices to apps to support, our as-a-service model allows you to add new use cases with a simple click. Gain agility and speed like never before.
- Outcome Driven. We deliver outcomes, not boxed equipment. From on-site installation to monitoring, all the way to service-level agreements, our approach is uniquely designed to ensure the outcomes you need.
We Ensure Unmatched Scalability:
- Priced for Scaling. We offer scalable pricing, regardless of your project size. Enabling our customers to create value cost-effectively is a key element of our success.
- A Platform for Scaling. Lower TCO, quicker adoption of new use cases, extensive cloud scalability, and future-proofing your IT investments are among the many reasons why Kontakt.io is right for you.
- Managed for Scaling. SOC-2 and HIPAA compliant, our platform integrates with your wireless and security infrastructure, allowing you to use your current IT network with confidence and uninterrupted functionality.