Senior UI/UX Designer (US)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Kontakt.io is the industry leader in indoor environmental, location, and occupancy services using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE ®). Our mission is to deliver human-building interfaces that provide people with delightful, useful, and safe indoor experiences to help make buildings work for people. We are out to define a new building DNA that is human-centric. We build technologies that help transform buildings into indoor spaces that are useful for people in their daily journey to accomplish their goals, working or being cared for in a safe & sustainable indoor environment.
We started in 2013 when Kontakt.io built the first enterprise-graded BLE beacon solution for building-mobile interfaces. Since then, we have provided BLE solutions to over 30,000 end-users, delivered via +1,100 partners using +3 million IoT devices in the field. Today our solutions cover approximately one billion sq ft. We continue to be a pioneer in the field, with a focus on Smart Buildings in Healthcare and Corporate Real Estate Spaces.
We are looking for a creative and process-driven individual in the role of Senior UX/UI Designer who will help us ensure the successful adoption of key products of Kontakt.io, that is Kio Cloud Platform and Apps.
- Work on designing our new products (about 80% web and 20% mobile)
- Further design of the current product from UX and UI perspective
- Make setup and ongoing usage intuitive for business users
- Improve and maintain Kio Design System
- Design from wireframes through low-fidelity to high-fidelity mockups
- Research and identify best practices in data visualisation styles using our Kio Cloud Platform use cases
- Identify different visualisation styles required for different user personas' needs
- Close cooperation with our Product Managers and Engineering team to bring our product to the next level
- Propose a shortlist of improvements, tools and styles on the current dashboards/ visualisations
- At least 5+ years of prior UI/UX design experience
- Relevant portfolio showing processes and results (please provide a link to your portfolio along with your CV)
- Excellent understanding of UX and UI principles
- Experience in designing for enterprise software products (supported by portfolio with shipped products)
- Ability to define, track and analyse key user experience metrics of product
- Experience in setting up the design system
- Ability to create wireframes and prototypes
- Good knowledge of Figma
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Basic knowledge and/ or understanding of front-end limitations (HTML, CSS, js, native mobile: Android and iOS)
- Excellent time management skills and sense of ownership
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, flat structure
- Competitive base salary and stock option plan (ESOP)
- Work with our IoT experts and trending technologies
- Collaborative and self-organised environment
- Hybrid work (office in New York), e.g. 2 days per week from the office.
Kontakt.io is a fast-growing company. It is extremely important for us to work with people who value the same virtues and fit our culture. Successful cooperation means that you:
Lead customer-centric - customer leadership is the key. If a customer has a problem we don’t wait. We understand what customer needs and we tailor our services, products around the customer. It doesn’t mean that we let the customer lead us. It means that we think about the customer first.
Have a growth mindset - we commit to results and growth. We are responsible for results, not for the activity or time spent. If we believe we can’t achieve a result or a job, it’s our duty to raise the voice, push back, explain what we suggest instead. We don’t see results as something static - ever. This means that our results and expectations are becoming more ambitious, quarter over quarter. We constantly evolve
Challenge, inspire, respect - we are the challenger in the marketplace. When working with each other - or with customers - we enjoy and desire to challenge each other. We listen, reflect, and respond. We aim to understand the point of view of the other party and if there is customer merit in the argument. When we challenge, we articulate our hypothesis clearly and provide data and evidence in our argumentation. We respect the time of our colleagues. We have a zero-tolerance towards discrimination of any kind. We respect the environment.
Execute systematically - We recognize that the start-up journey will only be successful if we learn twice as much as others in half the time. For us, innovation also means continuous improvement in all fields. We think in systems when driving results, growth, and learnings.
Act with urgency - We have a sense of urgency in everything we do - at all times. It’s deeply rooted in the belief that as an up-start, as a challenger, we need to drive value for our customers faster and better than anybody else in the marketplace. We do things outside of the personal comfort zone.