DevOps Engineer (US)
Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Kontakt.io is the industry leader in indoor environmental, location, and occupancy services using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE ®). Our mission is to deliver human-building interfaces that provide people with delightful, useful, and safe indoor experiences to help make buildings work for people. We are out to define a new building DNA that is human-centric. We build technologies that help transform buildings into indoor spaces that are useful for people in their daily journey to accomplish their goals, working or being cared for in a safe & sustainable indoor environment.
We started in 2013 when Kontakt.io built the first enterprise-graded BLE beacon solution for building-mobile interfaces. Since then, we have provided BLE solutions to over 30,000 end-users, delivered via +1,100 partners using +3 million IoT devices in the field. Today our solutions cover approximately one billion sq ft. We continue to be a pioneer in the field, with a focus on Smart Buildings in Healthcare and Corporate Real Estate Spaces.
We are currently looking for a Dev(Sec)Ops Engineer
The Dev(Sec)Ops Engineer role enables continuous delivery and continuous integration processes.
This role is tasked with helping Kontakt.io in the coordination and integration of IT systems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
The Dev(Sec)Ops is also responsible for driving security standards and implementation at Kontakt.io, a fast-paced, growing startup in the next stages of expansion of our SaaS platform.
We are looking for a person who can work independently with the ability to take ownership of the solution and look at the problem from a product perspective, suggest proper solutions, and then execute them. Someone who works best in a fast-paced environment, desires growth, takes risks on bold ideas and is open to learning from other world-class engineers.
We are looking for a person who wants to take a chance and accept a challenge of the unknown. Someone who is able to make a decision without having all data.
You will be expected to:
- drive architecture and deliver customer solutions on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform with a specialised focus on AWS capabilities with experience in virtualisation, migrations and automation
- continuous deployment and delivery of new applications version, configuration management and automation
- work closely with DevOps team to manage and automate IT infrastructure
- collaborate with the engineering team to define and implement solutions with external and internal cloud services features
- design, develop and implement security standards and continuous security control monitoring
- recommend, trial & implement security monitoring tools at all levels of infrastructure
- manage and resolve security incidents and improvements
- identify new tools and processes to improve the cloud platform and automate processes (e.g. create automation for log file management)
- develop templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- set up alarms, event triggers or dashboard to monitor AWS resource workloads
- audit various aspects of the organization's security
- CI/CD pipeline management
- set up monitoring and alerting of multiple environments
- participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- min. 3 years of professional experience in a similar role is required
- experience with Kubernetes running in cloud environments such as AWS
- experience in using tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible etc.
- knowledge of information security concepts and technologies such as IDS, internet gateways, SIEM, HIDS, NIDS, web application firewalls, and vulnerability management tools
- ability to demonstrate expertise in Security Operations
- good understanding of Linux/Unix operating system
- fluency with scripting and automation languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- networking experience: load balancing, network security, standard network protocols
- exposure to a DevOps with a background in Server Operations or Systems Administration
- experience in working with REST and RPC APIs
- an autonomous / self-managed work style
- strong communication and collaboration skills, with a good understanding of English, both verbal and written
- team player with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, flat structure
- work with cutting-edge technologies
- collaborative and self-organised environment
- flexible working hours
Kontakt.io is a fast-growing company. It is extremely important for us to work with people who value the same virtues and fit our culture. Successful cooperation means that you:
Lead customer-centric - customer leadership is the key. If a customer has a problem we don’t wait. We understand what customers need and we tailor our services, products around the customer. It doesn’t mean that we let the customer lead us. It means that we think about the customer first
Have a growth mindset - we commit to results and growth. We are responsible for results, not for the activity or time spent. If we believe we can’t achieve a result or a job, it’s our duty to raise the voice, push back, explain what we suggest instead. We don’t see results as something static - ever. This means that our results and expectations are becoming more ambitious, quarter over quarter. We constantly evolve
Challenge, inspire, respect - we are the challenger in the marketplace. When working with each other - or with customers - we enjoy and desire to challenge each other. We listen, reflect and respond. We aim to understand the point of view of the other party and if there is customer merit in the argument. When we challenge, we articulate our hypothesis clearly and provide data and evidence in our argumentation. We respect the time of our colleagues. We have a zero-tolerance towards discrimination of any kind. We respect the environment
Execute systematically - We recognize that the start-up journey will only be successful if we learn twice as much as others in half the time. For us, innovation also means continuous improvement in all fields. We think in systems when driving results, growth, and learnings
Act with urgency - We have a sense of urgency in everything we do - at all times. It’s deeply rooted in the belief that as an up-start, as a challenger, we need to drive value for our customers faster and better than anybody else in the marketplace. We do things outside of the personal comfort zone.