(Senior) Full Stack Developer (Kotlin, Java, Angular)
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2022
Kontakt.io is the industry leader in indoor environmental, location, and occupancy services using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE ®). Our mission is to deliver human-building interfaces that provide people with delightful, useful, and safe indoor experiences to help make buildings work for people. We are out to define a new building DNA that is human-centric. We build technologies that help transform buildings into indoor spaces that are useful for people in their daily journey to accomplish their goals, working or being cared for in a safe & sustainable indoor environment.
We started in 2013 when Kontakt.io built the first enterprise-graded BLE beacon solution for building-mobile interfaces. Since then, we have provided BLE solutions to over 30,000 end-users, delivered via +1,100 partners using +3 million IoT devices in the field. Today our solutions cover approximately one billion sq ft. We continue to be a pioneer in the field, with a focus on Smart Buildings in Healthcare and Corporate Real Estate Spaces.
Currently, we are looking for
Full Stack Developer (Mid- Senior level)
Success in this position requires a passion for building high-performing and reliable applications. You need to have an internal urge to come up with innovative ideas and look for the best tools to solve scalability problems.
Our tech stack :
- frontend: Angular 12, TypeScript, Leafletjs, PrimeNG, Vue.js, ES6, Nginx deployment, Figma designs
- backend: Kotlin, Java 13+ ; Spring boot, spring-data, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes
You will be expected to:
- develop and maintain components for the Kio Cloud Apps platform - use existing Kio Cloud location services API’s to build and solve domain-specific use cases (for the healthcare and office spaces industry)
- define data models and work with database systems like MongoDB and Postgres
- establish connectivity with third-party systems using modern integrations technologies like RESTful APIs, WSS Streams, Webhooks, Kafka streams
- develop user-facing Kontakt.io Apps using Angular
- build modular and reusable components and libraries
- contribute to key architectural decisions that directly impact the scalability of Kontakt.io Apps.
- write and maintain documentation
- write unit and integration tests
- support and maintain CI/CD Workflows
- create and drive best practices in the team (including peer reviews and building for testability)
- propose any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
We are looking for a person who can work independently, look at the problem from a product perspective, suggest proper solutions and then execute them.
- min. 3-4 years of hands-on experience in designing and developing highly scalable applications using modern technology stacks such as Kotlin, Java, Kafka, MongoDB (we use Kotlin)
- knowledge of Spring frameworks
- the ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc
- experience with development for and deployment to AWS
- enjoy technical challenges and are eager to explore new technologies
- good communication skills (English is a must)
- willingness to participate in the rotation on-call duty (24/7).
- fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, flat structure
- B2B contract or a permanent agreement
- competitive salary and stock option plan
- work with our IoT experts and trending technologies
- remote or hybrid work (office in Krakow)
- collaborative and self-organised environment
- flexible working hours
- private medical care, cafeteria system
Kontakt.io is a fast-growing company. It is extremely important for us to work with people who value the same virtues and fit our culture. Successful cooperation means that you:
1. Lead customer-centric - customer leadership is the key. If a customer has a problem we don’t wait. We understand what customer needs and we tailor our services, products around the customer. It doesn’t mean that we let the customer lead us. It means that we think about the customer first.
2. Have a growth mindset - we commit to results and growth. We are responsible for results, not for the activity or time spent. If we believe we can’t achieve a result or a job, it’s our duty to raise the voice, push back, explain what we suggest instead. We don’t see results as something static - ever. This means that our results and expectations are becoming more ambitious, quarter over quarter. We constantly evolve
3. Challenge, inspire, respect - we are the challenger in the marketplace. When working with each other - or with customers - we enjoy and desire to challenge each other. We listen, reflect and respond. We aim to understand the point of view of the other party and if there is customer merit in the argument. When we challenge, we articulate our hypothesis clearly and provide data and evidence in our argumentation. We respect the time of our colleagues. We have a zero-tolerance towards discrimination of any kind. We respect the environment.
4. Execute systematically - We recognize that the start-up journey will only be successful if we learn twice as much as others in half the time. For us, innovation also means continuous improvement in all fields. We think in systems when driving results, growth, and learnings.
5. Act with urgency - We have a sense of urgency in everything we do - at all times. It’s deeply rooted in the belief that as an up-start, as a challenger, we need to drive value for our customers faster and better than anybody else in the marketplace. We do things outside of the personal comfort zone.