Software Java Engineer- DM team
Remote · Poland
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2022
Mission Statement: We help businesses deploy resources and processes efficiently and make their customers and staff feel seen and valued.
Kontakt.io is the industry leader in indoor environmental, location, and occupancy services using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE ®). Our mission is to deliver human-building interfaces that provide people with delightful, useful, and safe indoor experiences to help make buildings work for people. We are out to define a new building DNA that is human-centric. We build technologies that help transform buildings into indoor spaces that are useful for people in their daily journey to accomplish their goals, working or being cared for in a safe & sustainable indoor environment.
We started in 2013 when Kontakt.io built the first enterprise-graded BLE beacon solution for building-mobile interfaces. Since then, we have provided BLE solutions to over 30,000 end-users, delivered via +1,100 partners using +3 million IoT devices in the field. Today our solutions cover approximately one billion sq ft. We continue to be a pioneer in the field, with a focus on Smart Buildings in Healthcare and Corporate Real Estate Spaces.
We are looking for a person who is able to work independently with the ability to take ownership of the solution and look at the problem from a product perspective, suggest proper solutions and then execute against them.
Our tech stack : Java 15+ ; Spring boot, spring-data, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Success in this position requires a passion for building high-performing and reliable applications. You need to have an internal urge to come up with innovative ideas and look for the best tools to solve scalability problems.
We are looking for a person who is able to work independently with the ability to look at the problem from a product perspective, suggest proper solutions and then execute against them.
We Make Things Easy
-Easy to Use. Simplicity is harder than complexity. Each of our apps focuses on a single user and a specific problem. We create solutions for everyone to help them get things done.
-Easy to Buy. We simplify pricing with a single, per-bed or per-room model that encompasses all the necessary products and services to achieve your desired outcomes.
-Easy to Deploy. Using AI, cloud, and mobile technologies, our equipment autonomously communicates and validates itself without the need for human intervention, cutting deployment time from months to weeks or even days.
We Deliver Fast Outcomes
-Industry’s #1 Time To Value. We accelerate your ROI and deliver positive outcomes to users faster than anyone else, thanks to how easy things work with our AI- and cloud-based platform.
-Delivered As A Service. Delivering everything from devices to apps to support, our as-a-service model allows you to add new use cases with a simple click. Gain agility and speed like never before.
-Outcome Driven. We deliver outcomes, not boxed equipment. From on-site installation to monitoring, all the way to service-level agreements, our approach is uniquely designed to ensure the outcomes you need.
We Ensure Unmatched Scalability
-Priced for Scaling. We offer scalable pricing, regardless of your project size. Enabling our customers to create value cost-effectively is a key element of our success.
-A Platform for Scaling. Lower TCO, quicker adoption of new use cases, extensive cloud scalability, and future-proofing your IT investments are among the many reasons why Kontakt.io is right for you.
-Managed for Scaling. SOC-2 and HIPAA compliant, our platform integrates with your wireless and security infrastructure, allowing you to use your current IT network with confidence and uninterrupted functionality.
You will be expected to:
- develop and maintain the Device Management system
- define data models and work with database systems like MongoDB and Postgres.
- establish connectivity with third party systems using modern integrations technologies like RESTful APIs, WSS Streams, Webhooks, Kafka streams
- write and maintain documentation
- write unit and integration tests
- support and maintain CI/CD Workflows
- create and drive best practices in the team (including peer reviews and building for testability)
- propose any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- hands-on experience in designing and developing highly scalable applications using JVM stack (we use mainly Java and Kotlin)
- very good knowledge of RESTful API
- knowledge of Spring frameworks (Spring Boot)
- the ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc
- hands-on microservices experience
- experience with Kubernetes
- enjoy technical challenges and are eager to explore new technologies
- good communication skills (English is a must)
- experience in Kotlin, Python, Kafka and frontend technologies would be a great asset
- We offer:
- fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, flat structure
- B2B contract or a permanent agreement
- competitive salary and stock option plan
- work with our IoT experts and trending technologies
- remote or hybrid work (office in Krakow)
- collaborative and self-organized environment
- flexible working hours
- private medical care, cafeteria system