Software Development Engineer In Test
About IP Fabric
Named Gartner Cool Vendor in Network Automation for 2022, IP Fabric is an emerging technology capturing the minds of critical network infrastructure engineers across Europe and the US by enumerating and modelling the behavior of their entire global networks. We have grown revenue exponentially for four years in a row, now spanning from the US to Prague, The Czech Republic and beyond.
IP Fabric's company vision is to define and lead the technology space of Network Assurance. To realize this vision, we are looking for the sharpest business minds to join us and grow as part of our distributed team.
About the role
The IP Fabric Automated Network Assurance Platform helps enterprises empower their network and security teams to discover, model, verify, and visualize large-scale networks within minutes.
As the platform is a software, and software tends to contain bugs, we are hiring team of QA Engineers who will be responsible for discovering and documenting them before they manage to get into our customers’ environment.
The right candidate will be able to create automated test cases from scratch and automate manual tests.
- Develop and maintain tooling for running integration and end-to-end automated tests of the IP Fabric platform
- Be able to break things and write code that will repeat these efforts
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Identify and address current and future performance limits of the product
- Keep tickets updated, make sure that they cover work being done
- Help to create and maintain team documentation and knowledge base
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Experience in software development and automated testing
- Exceptional attention to detail, experience with debugging
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work single-handed as well as in a team
- Experience with Linux command line and scripting
- Ability to read system logs and do troubleshooting
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
The Following Is Considered a Plus
- Experience with some CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, GitLab pipelines, GitHub actions)
- Experience working with a global, remote team or otherwise multicultural team
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies – IP Fabric is delivered as a virtual image (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, AWS)
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
- Remote (100 %) job possible, great offices in the center of Prague (I.P. Pavlova).
- 5 weeks of annual vacation.
- 5 sick days per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Refreshment, beverages, and great coffee in the office for free.
- Direct line-of-sight to fruits of your work in small-ish company.
- Flat hierarchy, direct and open communication culture.
- Growth opportunity at the rapidly growing company.
- Support of our leaders and continuous growth of your skills with us.
- Top international and local teams, technologies, and great product.
- Freedom to use equipment of your choice.
- Regular team and company events.