About IP Fabric
Named Gartner Cool Vendor in Network Automation for 2022, IP Fabric is an emerging technology capturing the minds of critical network infrastructure engineers across Europe and the US by enumerating and modelling the behavior of their entire global networks. We have grown revenue exponentially for four years in a row, now spanning from the US to Prague, The Czech Republic and beyond.
IP Fabric's company vision is to define and lead the technology space of Network Assurance. To realize this vision, we are looking for the sharpest business minds to join us and grow as part of our distributed team.
- Helping to build, maintain and troubleshoot infrastructure and services running Linux, various network emulators and appliances, CI/CD pipelines on bare-metal and in public/private clouds.
- PoC-ing new technologies and solutions, documenting and transferring the knowledge.
- Providing smooth operation by creating tools, automating, integrating and ensuring proper monitoring of all components.
- Ensuring safety and security of the infrastructure and services.
- Working with software developers and software engineers to make sure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Participating in team code reviews.
- Assisting with customer support for system parts of the platform.
- Computer science education or equivalent experience.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Ability to work single-handed as well as in a team.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English, ability to entertain technical discussions and convey complex topics.
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail and ability to take (calculated) risks.
- Advanced knowledge of GNU/Linux environments, advanced troubleshooting skills of complex infrastructure issues
- Advanced bash scripting and mid-to-high level programming/scripting experience (e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C or other languages)
- Experience with DSL configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Salt, Chef, ...)
- Proficiency with git or other version management systems
- Mid-level networking skills (802.3, 802.11; IP addressing and routing principles, static routing, WireGuard, OpenVPN, VLANs, …)
The Following Is Considered a Plus
- Advanced knowledge of NGINX
- Basic experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, ...)
- Knowledge of administration of virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, Openstack, ...)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, drone, various pipeline providers, …) and container orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, ...)
- Dynamic network routing (OSPF, BGP, ...)
Tools We Are Currently Using (Or Deploying)
- Debian GNU/Linux
- RedPanda, RabbitMQ
- Python, Ruby
- GitLab (we use our own CI/CD workers)
- Direct line-of-sight to fruits of your work in small-ish company. Close cooperation with developers.
- Remote-friendly environment but offering great offices in the center of Prague.
- Flexible working hours.
- Direct and open communication culture.
- Challenging tasks in a dynamic international environment.
- Freedom to use equipment of your choice.
- Regular team and company events.
- Equity for well performing individuals.
- Other common corporate bonuses, including 5 weeks of vacation and sick days.
- Growth opportunity at the rapidly growing company.
- Support of our leaders and continuous growth of your skills with us.
- Top international and local teams, technologies, and great product.
- 5 weeks of annual vacation.
- 5 sick days per year.
- Very good location of our nice offices in the center of Prague (IP Pavlova).
- Remote job possible
- Refreshment, beverages, and great coffee in the office for free.