WE & People Ops Specialist
This role is expected to be in the office to support the needs of the business.
Productboard is searching for a permanent, full-time salaried Workplace Experience & People Operations Specialist who is obsessed with culture building, is passionate about creating memorable experiences for employees and wants to be an integral part of our people operations team. We are looking for someone who has the experience and skills to communicate across mediums and geographies, research training and development opportunities and support on general people operations tasks.
You will be based in our San Francisco, CA office as a part of our People Operations team. This is a highly visible role where you will have a massive influence on how our company celebrates together, learns and appreciates one another, and ultimately, wins as a team.
We are looking for you to lead the charge in creating amazing employee experiences for our international and hybrid (remote + office) organization. The ideal candidate will be excited to wear many hats in a hybrid role that will touch on office operations, employee experience including company events, as well as being an active member of the people operations team.
Oversee all aspects of our SF and Vancouver office experience, including vendors, social events, and local communications
- Maintain general office appearance and operations for our SF office, including visitor logistics, key card management, room booking, and keeping conference rooms/shared spaces functional, clean, and comfortable –minimal and in alignment with CDC guidelines
- Serve as the main point of contact with building management, other tenants, vendors, external facilities landlords
- Ensure our local office is meeting our standards of maintenance and organizational standards
- Complete daily walkthroughs to assess space readiness, ensuring workspaces, conference rooms, and offices are employee and guest-ready
- Track and monitor all office-related expenses
- Partner closely with IT Operations to triage on-site technical and security issues
Internal Hospitality & Events
- Organize and manage collaborative show and tell sessions, team get-togethers, AMAs, and leadership office hours
- Support initiatives to enhance employee engagement and a positive workplace culture, for example book clubs or hiking groups
- You will be responsible for procuring employee gifts and acknowledgment for the work they do and the milestone events in their personal life and celebrate important team cultural/career moments and work anniversaries for all of our SF employees
- Lead the coordination of internal events and oversee all aspects of event management and production from vendor management, logistics, travel, invitations, and more
- You will be responsible for in person onboarding sessions for our North American colleagues. This includes first day company introductions, in office welcome and support on follow up questions
- You will actively participate in and support various HR initiatives and programs
- You will partner with and back up the employee lifecycle specialist in Prague on various tasks, ensuring urgent matters are taken care of during the timezone gap. You will be working with confidential data in our HR Systems and ensuring to maintain 100% compliance at all times
- You will be seen as an ambassador of the people operations teams on the ground in the San Francisco office and will be supporting employees by guiding them to the correct intake channels, answering questions and ensuring employees are supplied with the information needed to be successful
- 5+ years of experience in Workplace Experience roles in the technology space
- You have great presentation skills as well as very strong communication and social skills
- You know culture is everywhere, including and ESPECIALLY in the details.
- You're a rock star project coordinator and have experience with planning events and other cross-functional projects end to end
- Skillful execution with high attention to detail, organization, and process
- Proactive and helping to anticipate problems and/or needs for the office
- Understand how to prioritize tasks especially when many are being thrown your way
- Solid understanding of G Suite, Slack, and Zoom
- Comfortable adapting to a fast pace working environment
- Creative problem solver able to think in an unexpected way
Our Tech Stack
- Sequoia One Benefits
- Slack, Notion
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 6,000 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Would you recommend working at Productboard as a great place to work? A simple question, but one that says it all. Are your employees satisfied and loyal? Are they promoters or detractors?
Asking this question to your employees you can find your net promoter score. Score around 30 is considered good and one above 50 is considered excellent. Companies like HubSpot who are heavily invested in company culture have an eNPS score of 83. At Productboard, we scored in our recent eNPS 93. And there are already 400 of us and we have offices all over the world.
Imagine how important the culture is to us when our eNPS is 93. How much leadership cares that we are happy and fully supported. Not only in the job but also in personal aspects of our lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.